Tuesday 4 October 2011

Only 14 days to go!

This year has flown by.  With an unexpected summer deployment to Italy and a trip to France on my return, before I knew it, I had less than a month to go before I departed for India.  This caused my training to become a little more than disorganised.  To top it off I caught the cold on my return from France, so I was out of action for a week.  However training is back on schedule and with only 9 days to go, I am slightly more confident about the challenge that faces me.

I am less worried about the altitude sickness now and I am probably more worried about how my knees are going to last with the constant pounding - old age is getting the better of me.  Without knowing how the altitude will affect my pace, it is impossible to say how long I should be running each day.   I am hoping to finish the total distance in under 40 hours, but that could be wishful thinking.  One thing is for sure though,  I will be finishing the race one way or another, whether it is on foot or on crutches.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lewis

    The more I look at the route the scarier it gets! And that is on the flat at sea level!

    I note that you have received coverage from STV - we are trying to get coverage 'south of the border' too. How about we set you up with a twitter account?

    Graham Atherton

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll do it Lewis, there's no doubt about that. Good luck to you both. Look forward to reading the blog and hearing how it's going. Steph would be so proud. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete